We would love to help you navigate your literacy journey. Please consider membership as a way of joining our community and supporting the work we do.
Membership fees take the form of an annual subscription that is due by 31 January each year. A pro rata fee will be charged should you join later in the year. For example, if you join in January, you would pay R250 for an individual membership. But if you joined in July, you would be charged R125 for the remainder of the year.
- Free workshops
- News about the literacy community in South Africa
- Discounted registration fees at the annual national conference
- Resources to help you in your literacy activities
- Support in setting up libraries, introducing reading clubs and improving literacy teaching
- Networking opportunities with a wide range of literacy professionals
- Access to the members' area on this website
Click here for a guide on the payment process for debit/credit cards, QR code and payments via the Post Office/Checkers/Shoprite.
Alternatively, you can do a bank EFT using the following banking details:
ACCOUNT NAME | Literacy Association of South Africa
BANK | Standard Bank
ACCOUNT TYPE | Savings
BRANCH | Rondebosch
BRANCH CODE | 025009
ACCOUNT NUMBER | 374287899
SWIFT CODE | SBZAZAJJ
IBAN NUMBER | 051001374287899
Beneficiary Reference | Your invoice number
Please email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.